Auxiliary Services Valve

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Bensdexta
True Blue

Auxiliary Services Valve

Post by Bensdexta »

A pic of my auxiliary valve is below:
The in/out selector (labelled A) is seized. Can someone tell me how best to unseize it, otherwise I won't be able to use the front loader?

Also the flow control adjuster (labelled B) un-screws all the way out, but what should be on the inner end of it?

Does anyone have a pic of the complete aux services valve in bits?
Thanks,
Ben

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Hows this?

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

Ben,
Into the cap, the two small items are a spring, and a ball which locates in a race on the spool. With mine the absence of a cover to keep the weather out over time had allowed rust to lock this solid and prevent any movement. I seem to remember a roll pin holds the spring in and after this was removed judicious application of a drill did the rest. It was fun finding a spring and ball to replace the originals with!
Regards, Derek.
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

Hi Ben,

From the photo it looks as if there is a square nut fitted at position "A", if that is the case you can try to move the spool by placing washers under the nut and gently tightening it in order to pull the spool out. As has already been pointed out to remove the spool completely the spring loaded ball must be removed.

The screw at position "B" should have an "E" clip on the end to prevent it from being screwed right out. Under the cover a stop (item 18 in the parts book) on the casting limits the amount of flow depending on the relative position of the screw.

If you intend to overhaul the assembly, I would recommend that you immerse it in Diesel for a day or two, which acts like penetrating oil and will help to free things off. The roll pins should move with the aid of a decent punch.

Overhaul kits containing all the "O" rings you require are available.

I have just ordered some loose ball bearings in order to try out Brian's trick to remove the plugs from the valve assembly I am currently overhauling. I shall keep you posted as to whether I succeed or not.

Gerald