Restyle Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
dexta4
True Blue

Restyle Dexta

Post by dexta4 »

does anybody know the serial number when the dexta changed to the restyled version? cheers!
sometimes you need 4!!!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Depends what you mean by re-styleing.

The head lights went inside the grill in England from October 1960 with the introduction of the Super Major.

When the Super Dexta was introduced in !962 the cowl shape was changed on that tractor. Serial number is given as 09B 710530.

New Performance blue and grey Dextas and Super Dextas came in in June 1963 at No. 09C 916556.

As Dexta and Super Dexta numbers all run together there is no way to tell which number refers to which type of tractor. The only different ones are the 959E petrol Dextas
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

dexta4
True Blue

Post by dexta4 »

i mean when they put the lights in the grill?
sometimes you need 4!!!

Bensdexta
True Blue

New Style Dexta

Post by Bensdexta »

dexta4 wrote:i mean when they put the lights in the grill?
According to my Ford & Fordson (The Golden Years 1917-84) book, headlights went into the chaff screens from 957E 68356 (Nov 1960). This seems plausible given the dates of tractor nos in the 'general' section of this website, although some members of the forum have cast aspersions as to the veracity of the book I quote! :o
All the best,
Ben

dexta4
True Blue

Post by dexta4 »

well that near enough backs up what i thought! my dexta in piece's must be one of the last earlier style ones made, going to try an get it back together soon.. cheers
sometimes you need 4!!!