piston control arm

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
niallsdexta
True Blue

piston control arm

Post by niallsdexta »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me to remove the piston control arm, do you have to remove the ram lift arm and the lift arm cross shaft. will the lift arm cross shaft just tap push out when the lift arms have been removed?
Also do you guys know if it is possible to get a gasket for the flow control valve housing, I have tried everywhere and everyone tells me there is no gasket under it, but thats not what the workshop manual says! what did you guys do? did you use that dreaded instant gasket in a tube? I don't like to use it!

Thanks,
Niall

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: piston control arm

Post by Bensdexta »

niallsdexta wrote:..if it is possible to get a gasket for the flow control valve housing? I have tried everywhere and everyone tells me there is no gasket under it, but thats not what the workshop manual says!
We didn't take our flow control off. I've heard it's hard to get off as the roll pin can't be driven out - has to be drilled out.

All the best,
Ben

niallsdexta
True Blue

Post by niallsdexta »

unfortunitly I have to take it off as there is a bolt located under the back of the flow control valve housing,now I am refering to what my father calls the aux services which is located on the top of the lift cover plate just below your right knee. the houseing with the valve you open and close to operate say a tipping trailer.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

niallsdexta wrote:unfortunitly I have to take it off as there is a bolt located under the back of the flow control valve housing,now I am refering to what my father calls the aux services which is located on the top of the lift cover plate just below your right knee. the houseing with the valve you open and close to operate say a tipping trailer.
Are you talking about removing the complete aux services valve/housing, or just the small flow control adjuster on top of it? No prob removing the whole housing, it's the flow control adjuster that is hard to get off the housing.
A pic would help describe your problem.
Ben

Bill Cox
True Blue

Post by Bill Cox »

Niall,

As I understand it, the gasket to which you refer is the one between the lift cover and the flow control valve chest (aux. service valve chest)?

If that is the case, the part number is E189-GF-9. I had a very hard time locating one. Finally, by Googling E189GF9, I found one at a dealer here in the U.S. When you Google that number, you also get two hits in Spanish. I can't read Spanish so I don't know what the hits say or where they come from.

I don't know if the place I got mine from has any more, but here is the information:

I found the part in this pdf file. I used the search function to locate it on the list.

http://www.wadetractor.com/.../NH%20%20 ... otepad.pdf

The dealer's website is:

http://www.wadetractor.com

The parts manager's contact info is:

tammy@wadetractor.com

Good luck hunting!

I was at the point of hand cutting a gasket. I had the old one and although it was not intact, there was enough left of it to use as a pattern.
Delta Blue

Bill Cox
True Blue

Post by Bill Cox »

Here is the Spanish location (or at least I think it's Spanish):

http://www.recambiofacil.com/asp/produc ... rca=-1&F=1

Here is what it says:

Referencia Producto Stock Marca
E189GF9 JUNTA TAPA AUXILIAR 7 Kubota

So...it looks like maybe a Kubota part with the same number? I can't imagine a Kubota part fitting a Fordson.
Delta Blue

npaulz
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by npaulz »

Just in case it helps someone. Bensdexta says you can not drive out the flow control cap pin. This can be done. I used a 4" nail with the point filed off. It relies on getting the cap fully one way (can't remember which sitting here) and slightly bending the nail to get it into the back side of the hole under the cap. Then just careful tapping with the 20oz. :) Cheers.