Dexta Colours

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Jeff4wd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Dexta Colours

Post by Jeff4wd »

Hi,
I realise this has probably been asked lots of time before, and I know there is a big debate about the grill colours of the Dexta, but does anybody know what colour the exhaust should be? My Dexta is about 1960/61. Anybody have any ideas about the exhaust and maybe the grills?
Also, can anybody give me some tips on how to upload photos? We have 2 Roadless Majors and a Ford 3000 4wd that we would like to upload. :?

Thanks
Wendy

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Dexta Colours

Post by Bensdexta »

Jeff4wd wrote:I realise this has probably been asked lots of time before, and I know there is a big debate about the grill colours of the Dexta, but does anybody know what colour the exhaust should be? My Dexta is about 1960/61.
Some people, eg BarryT, have a smart blue exhaust mainly for showing. I'm told the paint doesn't stay blue for long because of the heat. I think most folk have the ordinary silver exhaust pipes which over time go rust coloured. I see Stefan has a black one. So I guess it depends it how fastidious a show man you are! Daren't comment of grill colour, I suggest a forum search.
Jeff4wd wrote:Also, can anybody give me some tips on how to upload photos? We have 2 Roadless Majors and a Ford 3000 4wd that we would like to upload.
I upload my photos to 'photobucket' then use the [img] function to display them in my posts on here. Look forward to seeing your photos.
All the best.
Ben