Eng Rebuild Complete - She runs!

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
RossM
True Blue

Eng Rebuild Complete - She runs!

Post by RossM »

Well last night I heard my 64 NP Super Dexta fire up for the first time in about 4 years (if not more!). She's had a full engine rebuild by a local college. She fired up with only a few spins of the starter and sounded brilliant. :D

Only problem is the old starter has gone back on which was lazy in the past and now needs 24v on it to spin it fast enough. Think I'll need to get the starter rebuilt :(

She's a few oil leaks that need nipping up but this now has kicked me in to shape to get her finished asap as I intend arriving at church on it on my wedding day (27th December this year!) which means I have 3 months to do it! I have posted a wanted ad on the Parts forum for bits i'm desperately in need of if anyone can help.

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... =8499#8499

I will keep you posted on progress

Ross
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Just spent £587.08 at agriline on the flexible friend, new wings, new nosecone and lots of other bits!!

Also found someone who will spray her for a reasonable price too. Can't wait to bring her home next wednesday and set to building her up before stripping back down for spray job. :D :D :D

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Well she's now home and on the drive, much to the annoyance of the girlfriend!

There's a bit more work to do than i first expected. There is a drip from a hole to the rear of the sump, think it might be the rear crankseal, mustn't have been replaced properly. Lift pump is dripping. Correct nuts for the injectors needed. Hydraulic not lifting but haven't investigated why yet. Steering needs aligning and the list goes on!!! :(

Then she needs all building up to check everything fits right before disassembling for spraying. I've got my work cut out! :o

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Keep up the good work Ross,

And don't forget to show us some picture when she's all dressed up.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

I'll post a "before" picture when I get home tonight and put a few up of progress before I put the "after" picture up. If I ever get there that is! The pressure is on to be complete before christmas.

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

RossM
The seal in the input shaft of the transmission could be bad causing this leak. Sometimes the pilot bearing will cause this if it's worn, causing it to wobble just a tiny bit. You will have to break her to fix this problem, or the college could have put the main in wrong like you said. Any way you will have to break her to fix, the seal is an easy one to fix, and relatively inexpensive. Be sure you check the pilot bearing whilst you have her apart.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer