Headlamps in grill brackets

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
RossM
True Blue

Headlamps in grill brackets

Post by RossM »

Can anyone tell me or show me a picture of the brackets that hold the inset headlamps on a super dexta. I can understand on mine how they are supposed to attach. There doesn't seem to be enough there to bolt to!
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

They are welded in.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

I have two small brackets coming up from under the radiator but there are no holes in them and only about 10mm in useable length if that. Perhaps i'll have to get something fabricated. I've looked in the parts catalogue and but can't see these items.

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

I've looked in the parts catalogue again and found them now! looks like i'll have to fabricate someting as it seems mine have been cut off for some reason!

Dextrous
True Blue

Post by Dextrous »

if you PM me your email address I'll send you a picture of the brackets on my SD. They are not the original ones however they will give you an idea of what they should look like.

Andy

Bensdexta
True Blue

HeadLamp Brackets

Post by Bensdexta »

Here's a photo of my front bracket. It's for my 'new look' Dexta with head lamps in the grill, fairly sure it's the same as a Super D.
If yours hasn't got the brackets, easy to weld on a couple of bits of bent metal!
Good luck with the wedding :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Thanks Ben, are they at the height they need to be for the lamps to fit through the holes right? Could you possible measure it.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Dexta head Lamp Brackets

Post by Bensdexta »

Ross,
A photo with a newly acquired Bulter lamp, and a few more details of my light brackets (which are original):Image
The top of the light bracket is 37mm above the upper surface of the main axle bracket (on which the radiator sits). The light bracket is 1/8" thick and 2" wide. The hole through which the light bolts is 11/16" dia. The distance between the inner edges of the left & right light brackets is 175mm, and of course the brackets are positioned symmetrically about the axle bracket (ie tractor) centreline.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

thanks ben that is fantastic, i shall get on with making something.