Wheels and Tyres

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
RossM
True Blue

Wheels and Tyres

Post by RossM »

Yet more questions from me

I've been offered a pair of 12.4/11 x 28 Tyres (90% Tread) and rims in very good condition (blasted and painted) off a Ford 3000. Before I buy I just want to check these will definately fit my Super Dexta and fill the arches nicely.
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

Bensdexta
True Blue

Wheels and Tyres

Post by Bensdexta »

I think 12.4x28" tyres on 9x28" rims are the norm for Dextas these days.
So the tyres you mention should be fine - but worth finding out what rim size though. If the internal rim bead spacing is more than 9", would be as well to check that the tyre won't rub on the mudguards.
A couple of threads on the subject:
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... ight=tyres
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... ight=tyres
Tyres size nomenclature (old & new) can get confusing, so it's good to be sure exactly which dimensions one is talking about.
All the best,
Last edited by Bensdexta on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

dexta roadless
True Blue

Post by dexta roadless »

Hello
I just bought a pair of tires from a Ford 3000 and put on my S D. It is 12.4-28 on 11" rim, - no problem, fits perfect. :)
6o Dexta Roadless
62 Dexta
63 Super Dexta
75 Shilter UT
62 Aebi

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Just pick-up them up today. They are good, yet to fit them as i'm going to remove the tyres and blast the rims before spraying.

Bensdexta
True Blue

11" x 28" rims

Post by Bensdexta »

dexta roadless wrote:Hello
I just bought a pair of tires from a Ford 3000 and put on my S D. It is 12.4-28 on 11" rim, - no problem, fits perfect. :)
Do these wheels fit OK with the minimum wheel width setting? I've heard that the tyres may be too close to the mud guards.
Interested to know.
Thanks,
Last edited by Bensdexta on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

I haven't fitted them yet as my tractor is still at the local Agri college having a few more bits done before she comes home. The tractor currently has 12.4/11 x 28 on it when i looked after all that. It has half a roll frame fitted which i think lifts the mudguards a little but there is plently of clearance.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Tyres are pretty close to the support stays when at minimum setting. I set mine right in for ploughing but soil built up on the stays so I moved back out to 56" Then there is no problem.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

i run mine at 56inch centres as they were also close on min setting, the only problem i have is my nuckles get a bit of a hammering when i work her there isn much clearance on the mudgaurd to the tyre.

regards
james

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

This may give you an idea on clearance.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

dexta roadless
True Blue

Post by dexta roadless »

Yes it looks almost like this on mine too, though mine is raised aboyt 4 cm because of the rollover frame ,or whatever you call it :? :D . there is also about 5 cm horisontally clearance, so I think I even can use snowchains in the winter
6o Dexta Roadless
62 Dexta
63 Super Dexta
75 Shilter UT
62 Aebi