Front axle pivot hole worn

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Stefan wrote:My Dexta is still fitted with her original spacer. I installed the front axle and installed the radius rods and then checked the gap. I fitted a few washers to have a bit free-play for the axle. The free-play is about 1 milimeters.

Stefan

I've received the following info in an email from Stefan, which he has asked me to post here:
Hi Ben,
I checked the spacer today and it's 23 mm long.
Maybe the measurement can vary a bit from tractor to tractor.
If I had no spacer I would first install the front axle and the radius rods and then
check the gap between the bracket and the axle. The spacer should give a bit free-play, about
half a milimeter.
Regards Stefan

What a wonderful guy - we can't thank him enough!
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Dextrous
True Blue

Post by Dextrous »

Excellent :D

A friend of mine is going to get a few made, not sure how many I get him to make, I've got names on one for myself and one for Ben so far. If there are others on the boards desperate for one let me know and I'll see if I can twist is arm for a couple more.

Regards
Andy

Bensdexta
True Blue

Front Axle Spacers

Post by Bensdexta »

Received my front axle spacers from Dextrous today and did a trial fit - excellent :wink:

Andy tells me the front spacer is 23mm long (after Stefan) ID=44.5mm, OD=58mm, and the two washers behind the axle are each 1mm thick, ID=45mm, OD=58mm.

This gives about 2mm freeplay. However the final test will be to assemble the axle on the tractor complete with radius rods and
do the final adjustment to the freeplay then.

Many thanks Andy beautiful work :lol:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!