oil level rises after sitting

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
GERRY
True Blue

oil level rises after sitting

Post by GERRY »

HI all , i have been trying to find out about this problem on past posts ihave seen it before but cant seem to find it , its about diesel oil in sump , ihave had the engine rebuilt bottom end compleatly about 2years ago, it starts and runs great , now when it sits for awhile ifind the oil level has risen in sump , the oil is nice an black so i dont think it is water caused,so i think it must be diesel , i have no primer pump or simeler divice, idont need it since rebuild :) this brings me to injection pump or lift pump which i dont know alot about, what are the boards on thoughts this ,could this becaused by a broken seal or is it more serious,Thanking you in advance, Gerry

dexta4
True Blue

Post by dexta4 »

i'd guess at the seal in the lift pump?
sometimes you need 4!!!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That does ideed sound like the problem but you may need to get the pump seal done as well to be sure. Lift pump first though.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

Thanks lads for your responses,I ill get anew lift pump and see how i get on from there if its still a problem afterwards ibe back again to ask about the injection pump seal. Gerry