backend loader

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
GERRY
True Blue

backend loader

Post by GERRY »

Hi all, i have ben offered the chance to buy a b/end loader for my dexta, as i dont know alot about these i was wondering if someone could give me the ++ and--,mybe a picture if possible, iwould just be useing it for light work if i get it filling my trailer now and again etc , also would the dexta be strong enough for this type of loader , Thanking you in advance, Gerry

fenhayman
True Blue

backend loader

Post by fenhayman »

The ony one I used was a Cameron Gardner "Rearloda". Fitted a Power Major on the the three point linkage with an external ram to lift the pivoted loader arm. Also I think connected to the side of the tractor if I remember correctly, possibly onto the top of the axles or where the check chains are bolted on. If this is correct, fittings might be different for a Dexta.
Having said that it was a super tool in cow yards and in mud where front loader tractors suffered from wheel slip. Also as an 18 year old I could work all day with my neck rotated through 180 degrees. Not so sure now!

Wim
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Wim »

I use one on a dexta. Problem is the momentum created by the loader. There is a need for ballast at the front when the loader is in use .
As for the neck, yep this is a real problem.
Otherwise it is a good piece of equipment.

regards,

Wim[/img]

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I used the Cameron Gardner Loader in the 1950's as a teenager. It was demonstrated at a big muck spreading event around North Walsham around 1954 and my father's boss bought one to go on the new Major. It was in use constantly right up to the 1990's and sold at the farm sale.

The major was also fitted with a Lambourne All weather cab with no doors. Luckily I was smaller then as you had to climb up the lift arms and wriggle around the booms between the cab and the loader.

Wonderful thing to work though apart from the stiff neck! No wheel spin and very maneuverable in a confined space. With a full bucket and a little brake a Major would pirouette on the spot :shock:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

Thanks for your replies folks , i think i go an get this , it will come in useful , from what i can see it will be easily removed when not needed,and will be alot less work than useing the shovel for filling the trailer, one more thing ? is there better makes than others for the dexta or are they all much the same. Thanks again Gerry

MikeR
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MikeR »

hi
i have used a parmiter ( i think thats what it is) for years very useful with both bucket and fork.especially in tight spaces. You will need front weights though i have wheeel weights but they are really not enough.
Mike