Blow In from Oz

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
George
Not Quite Blue Yet

Blow In from Oz

Post by George »

Hi everyone
First of all what a great site, I had no idea Dextas had such a, well .....cult following. They are a great machine for their size, they work well under the whip it's amazing what they'll pull with a bit of work on the turning brakes (water in the tyres is a must).

We have a 58 diesel (sorry Brian) on our Shark (Moruya, South Coast of New South Whales, Australia), the old fella has a few battle scars but is pretty good mechanically. The hydrolics are a bit "hows your father" but everything else is A1. I don't know too many diesel engines that will roll start with no heating, no aerostart in the space of 20 feet.

After reading most of the posts I feel confident enough to have a crack at everything on my old mate.

Once again what a great forum and Brian, you are the tractor guru, before you ever shuffle off this mortal coil do us all a favour and make a back up disk of your great knowlage.

Cheers fellas look forward to the next posts.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

George,

Welcome to the board!

First of all though you must get the sex of your tractor right! All Fordson models are LADIES. :D That is why I give a home to Henrietta and Dotty. :D

Are you a member of The Fordson Tractor Club of Australia? They seem to have a lot of fun over there with their meetings and visits.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian