Super Dexta Rebuild

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
naildriver
True Blue

Super Dexta Rebuild

Post by naildriver »

What would you do?

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

She has had a LOT of wear! The control rod and linkage really needs replacing but if you are not going to work her hard, it could be built up with a bit of weld and re-drilled out.

Can't see a problem with the turnbuckle. What am I missing?

Is the control valve stuck or jammed? The little "dink" in the tin that supports the operating turnbuckle will not be a problem/ Or again am I missing something?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

naildriver
True Blue

Rebuild

Post by naildriver »

Thanks Brian for your response. The first picture, I don't know what you call this thing, Can they be found new anywhere or should I have it welded or just use it as is? The second picture, Local machine shop says around $200 dollars to brazen weld and redrill. I hope to find another option. They are currently replacing my worn "pin". Third picture, I have not tried this but I thought I might spin this 90 degrees assuming that it would continue to wear the same. I hope to get this back together soon.

naildriver
True Blue

Another Question

Post by naildriver »

I have been over 95% of this tractor with a wire brush on a hand grinder, taking it down to bare metal. Grind awhile and then prime that area is what I have done for the last year. Now, the whole trunk is done and after the hydraulics are sealed off, I will install the front end and back wheels in order that I might roll her out of my garage and try to crank her up. My question is this, I now have one coat of primmer and one coat of paint. How many coats do I need? I have been using the typical spray can. How about some sort of sealer or clear coat? I realize the degree that some go to on their paint jobs but that's not for me. I just want it to look reasonable and be preserved. Just looking for some opinions.Thanks to all who respond.