443XUV

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Tiger wrote:or a passport, But i did not want to send that
Ah so it's to prove your identity. The address on my license is out of date too, maybe this is illegal?
All the best
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Its all for identity and if you do indeed live at the address you are registering the tractor at.

If you get your pictures etc. verified, you can do as I did and take all the details plus your driving licence, passport and electricity bill to the local DVLA office and they just look at them and give them back.

Barry,

This one was totally trouble free. Don't know where the number comes from. The local office said it was just a number from a list sent to them from the DVLA head office.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

Brian,

When I registered my Dexta I asked if it was possible to have a local registration number. It was explained to me that age related numbers are numbers that have never been in circulation before. The number you get depends on what batch the computer is throwing out at that time.

Yours is a London registration number according to a list I have of County/Borough registration numbers.

BarryT

Jeff4wd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Tractor Registrations

Post by Jeff4wd »

Hi

Further to recent posts, we have a Fordson Power Major Roadless and Ford 3000 4wd which we wish to register and tax. These were bought from Holland.
How difficult is it going to be to sort registration and is it any different to vehicles registered in this country?
We have a letter of authenticity for the Major from Roadless, confirming age and engine no., although the engine has been changed!
Only have engine and serial no. from the Ford.
Can anybody give me some advice?
Thanks. :?

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

i would suggest just getting the tractor details authenticated and regarding the origin I wasn't asked for proof of ownership etc so it may pay to be economical with the information you supply!
I think the fact that you are wanting to get it road legal ie registered, taxed (if after 1973) and insured should be taken into consideration.
IMHO
Regards
Jerry Coles
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Advice given to me when I registered Dotty.

DO NOT MENTION YOU BROUGHT IT INTO THE COUNTRY.

If you do, not only will the DVLC be difficult but the HSE will want to inspect the tractor and it will have to comply with current safety requirements as it will be "first used in GB". There could also be VAT problems.

I bought Dotty from a dealer in this country so I was able to state where I bought it and she had not been registered in GB. This meant there was no questions.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

bluecraig0776
True Blue

Post by bluecraig0776 »

My Major is 423 XUY
Fordson Major, Man's best friend.
1957 Fordson Major Diesel - Mid-Restoration