443XUV

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

443XUV

Post by Brian »

Dotty is now fully road legal! Her registration arrived yesterday and I got her new plates yesterday afternoon.

The procedure was far simpler than previos registrations I have done. Nuffy took 4 years!

I sent details and pictures to NVTEC in Bristol, who stamped everything and sent it back. I took these and £55.00 to the local DVLO on Tuesday, checked through the forms, pictures etc with the gentleman behind the counter, had a discussion on old tractors and showed pictures of Dotty at plough in Brimfield, these were passed round the office for everyone to admire, and then came home.

Registration and licence arrived Friday morning in the post. The certificate gives you 6 weeks to get your plates.

I had certified pictures of:

The complete tractor.
The engine number.
The serial number.
All the casting codes.
A letter explaining where I bought her and when. Also includrd the fact that she is a special and a bit rare.

I also took pictures of her at work though these were not certified,

Couldn't get a local number though. :cry:

Thanks to Jim at NVTEC who is now a convert to this board. :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: 443XUV

Post by Bensdexta »

Brian wrote:I had certified pictures of:
The complete tractor.
The engine number.
The serial number.
All the casting codes.
A letter explaining where I bought her and when. Also includrd the fact that she is a special and a bit rare.
:D
Congratulations :wink:
Who 'certified' the pics?
Is Jim, Jim Wilkie? I thought there had been some iffy comments made previously on Bristol - perhaps I'm mistaken?
Interestingly there is no Fordson club listed in the DVLA List of Vehicle Owners Clubs
All the best,
Last edited by Bensdexta on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Chris Ivin
True Blue

Post by Chris Ivin »

Congratulations Brian,

I will keep my eyes open for you coming past on the way from Norfolk to Leominster. Feel free to pop in, we must be on your route, you might be ready for a cuppa by the time you get to Warwickshire!!! :wink:
Chris

Brailes, UK

"Dexta's rule the World!"

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There had been some queries about one of the NVTEC offices but I think that was not the Bristol one. They are very helpful. I did have a telephone conversation with them and it seems they are pretty busy.

Yes, it is Jim Wilkie.

NVTEC certified everything.

Chris, I did not see you waving when we went past in September. :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Congratulations
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Brian wrote:NVTEC certified everything.
Brian,
Thanks for the info. So it sounds like no one actually came to inspect Dotty. NVTEC saw the pics and were happy? :wink:

Chris Ivin
True Blue

Post by Chris Ivin »

I'll look out for you next year, I assume that you will be "taking the air" next year now you are registered.
Chris

Brailes, UK

"Dexta's rule the World!"

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

When I wanted my dexta registered I did it through the Cornish NVTEC and it took far longer and several phone calls to get the man to sort it out. If people undertake a service then then excuses such as "I'm too busy" are inexcusable.
DVLA Bristol came out to inspect it anyway, that took all of 5 minutes and now it's registered. My registration is 663XUG!
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

Possibly the man in Bristol has got wind of the service provided by the new Registration Officer for the FFA, if he is now processing registration in a week!

I myself and many others had to wait several months for the same gentleman to process our applications.

Gerald

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Are the Ford and Fordson Association approved by the DVLA? Who in the FFA do I contact for age related registration issues?
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

The FFA Registration contact phone number is 01673 844990 after 6pm.

Gerald

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

I think DVLA are quite efficient at processing the application, the delay was in that particular "approved" person being very Tardy is his processing before returning them to you to submit to DVLA. I had no problem with DVLA it was the Cornishman!
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The registration documents arrived from the DVLA this morning. All the details check out correctly too.

Not like Henrietta who has a 6 litre petrol engine according to the first log book and this was supposed to have been copied from the original brown log book.
Brian

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Tubal Cain wrote:The FFA Registration contact phone number is 01673 844990 after 6pm.

Gerald
Who do I ask for when I phone?

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

RossM wrote:
Tubal Cain wrote:The FFA Registration contact phone number is 01673 844990 after 6pm.
Who do I ask for when I phone?
Looks like Mrs Grace Popplewell.
http://www.fordfordsonassociation.com/contact/
Let us know how you get on. :wink:
All the best,

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

The names of these people were deleted from my posts concerning registration. However it would appear that the policy has now changed and it is now acceptable to name these people, especially as they appear to have turned over a new leaf.

If adverse comments on this and other forums results in the various registration officers getting their fingers out and processing the applications and so earning the fees they are paid, I feel that they have served their purpose. It would appear that it has taken a woman to show the men the way and dispel the mystique (bulls***) surrounding tractor registration.

Gerald

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

RossM,

The chap dealing with registrations with FFA is Thomas Andrews, I had an excellent service from him when I registered my Dexta.

BarryT

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

Brian,

Glad you had a problem free registration, it does happen every now and then, I was also very lucky and got excellent service. I got a Warwickshire number on my Dexta 410XUE, you seem to have had a London registration.

BarryT

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Barry, Do you have his contact details you could pass to me, I hadn't got round to contacting the lady mentioned above but it seems from your info that its changed.

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

RossM,

I may have given you the incorrect information, Thomas Andrews was certainly the chap I dealt with at the time at FFA but from the website it seems Grace Popplewell has taken over the role of registration as Gerald has quite rightly mentioned. The contact number is also as Gerald has given you 01673 844990, the only differing information that I have taken from the website is that she is not available until after 7pm not 6pm. So I would keep trying.

Sorry, I should have looked this up before giving you the initial info, all the best.

BarryT

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

I have just spoke to grace, Seems very eficient. Unfortunately i need to get the correct address on my driving license first so will need to wait till after christmas to get maizey registered :(
Another unfinished project

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Tiger wrote:I have just spoke to grace, Seems very eficient. Unfortunately i need to get the correct address on my driving license first so will need to wait till after christmas to get maizey registered :(
Please explain, what has your driving license to do with registering your tractor?
Thanks,

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

She said for her to sort it all out for me she would need

Insurance certificate
driving license
utilitie bill
3 photo's
all serial numbers

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Tiger wrote:She said for her to sort it all out for me she would need
Insurance certificate
driving license
utilitie bill
3 photo's
all serial numbers
Hi,
Is that to prove your identity? Whose driving license, the owner's? What if he doesn't have one? Or whoever happens to be registering the tractor?
Many thanks,

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

or a passport, But i did not want to send that

This is all for her to do it on my behalf. You could go to dvla and do it yourself if you wanted