missing bracket?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
terry274
True Blue

missing bracket?

Post by terry274 »

While replacing some bolts in the bracket that supports the nose on my tractor, I noticed that there seems to be a missing bracket from the right hand side of the radiator to the nose bracket. Can anyone confirm that there should be a bracket on the right to support the radiator? I do have one on the left.

Terry
--
1964 Fordson Super Dexta

Bensdexta
True Blue

Radiator Brackets

Post by Bensdexta »

terry274 wrote:..there seems to be a missing bracket from the right hand side of the radiator to the nose bracket. Can anyone confirm that there should be a bracket on the right to support the radiator? I do have one on the left.

Terry,
I think these are the brackets you refer to. Yes there should be one on each side at the top of the radiator. The left and right hand brackets for a standard Dexta are shown below. Strangely they are not symmetrical, the RH one is shorter. I have repaired the LH with a small doubler plate. Don't think repro ones are available so a breaker is the best option, although it should be possible to make something that will serve. Maybe the brackets are different for a Super D?
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!