Dexta's Got The Blues...Finally!

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
ddoan
True Blue

Dexta's Got The Blues...Finally!

Post by ddoan »

Spring ran into summer, summer into fall, and here it is nearly winter. And, finally, I've been able to shed a few of the mundane things to get back to my '59 Dexta restoration project.

Over the past two weeks, I was able to remove the brake assemblies, axles and axle housings, and finish stripping my tractor's chassis.

After priming, I finally got the blues, literally.

It feels good to be at this point with the chassis, because it's nearly all that is left to the really grimy work of cleaning, stripping and scrubbing.

Tomorrow, I plan on getting to the motor. My plan is to remove the oil pan, remove a piston, and see what the bearings and rings look like. So far, this tractor, as filthy as it was, is in remarkably good shape internally. So, I may not need to do a major rebuild of the motor. I do want to replace the clutch discs, though - and have been staring at that honking big assembly for six months. Is that a really big challenge, or not. I've got the shop manual to read, but it still seems intimidating.

I've been photo journaling the process, for those interested.

http://picasaweb.google.com/tractorNstu ... estoration#

Happy Holidays,

Don

P. S. Glad to be back!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Think you have been spending too much time in that chair sleeping :D .

She looks great! :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian