Dexta fuel system etc.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Trevorthetractor
Not Quite Blue Yet

Dexta fuel system etc.

Post by Trevorthetractor »

I am a newbie; does anyone have details of the fuel pipe work?

I have some parts missing & need to work out what I need to fix this! There is no fuel primer pump fitted, no pipes to the two inlet manifold pipe fittings and I think there should be a connection onto the injector pump (Vacuum) but I can’t see where it goes.

Were can I find info on this tractor? Casting No. 957E7005 T3 Engine No. 37111310

Also is there any out there who lives near Leeds that would be willing to let me have a look at what’s what?

Many thanks in advance.

TtTractor

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Dexta fuel system etc.

Post by Bensdexta »

Trevorthetractor wrote:does anyone have details of the fuel pipe work?
Hi and welcome,
take a look on the Agriline Dexta site - there's a diag of the fuel system http://www.agrilineproducts.com/techdia ... ref26.html
Also see the parts list on Fordson-Dexta.de downloads.
Happy Christmas,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Welcome.

You need to quote the number on the flange behind the starter to find out more about your Dexta. The number you quote is the same on every Dexta as it is a casting number. However, on every casting you will find something like A27B or 3A24, these are the casting codes and can tell us what day of the year trhat item was cast.

The easiest ones to see will be on the trumpet housings. Find as many as you can and with the number from the flange behind the starter that will tell us what you have.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Dexta fuel system etc.

Post by Bensdexta »

Trevorthetractor wrote:Engine No. 37111310
Hi TtT,
That is not your engine no. It is higher up on the LH side of the engine, underneath the fwd exhaust port, behind the water pipe. It probably begins 14xxxxx. See example here:
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!