Hydrualic Mystery HELP

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Raymondc71
True Blue

Hydrualic Mystery HELP

Post by Raymondc71 »

hi restored a dexta which i had drained the oil from the rear axle and then restored it and when i was done i filled her back up with 15w 30 oil..The lifts arms when i first got her would go up and down fine..when i was finished restoring her they stopped working..the main lever was follpy and the lift arms not responding only for going up..they go up really high! so i took off the lift cover and found alot of dirt and sludge..Cleaned it,,changed o rings and new gasket.. also got new friction plate inserted..when we were taking off the top lift we let the pump fall by removing those bolts which we should not have done...the control lever came out of that cylinder like housing..the top of it looking like a small version of the bigger pistion..we put it back into the cylinder housing..does that move back and foward in the cylinder like object ,, does it move up and down it which means it has free play before the control valve comes in our out..?anyway we put the pistion like thing into tne cylinder housing aka control valve,,the end was damaged by when it popped out so we put the acuating lever back in and used a vice grip to reshape the cylinder and which stops the small pistion like object from coming out as the cylinder has a lip and the end of it..so we put the top lift back on and now when the tracror is started the lift arms rise on there own and wont go down unless a hard push but if you let go they just fly back up!the control lever brings the up also when you have them pushed down but wont bring them down..the acuating lever isnt really lining up with the control valve which there it might be losing space in which to pull it further back..but it says the lifts should start droping the minute the main lever starts to drop down the quadrant..help me please..i also removed the unload valve and it seemed ok but a small bit sticky maybe that could be jammed...only sticky when u first start pushing it back but slides nicely when u get it going!we couldnt remove the check valve so would that be a problem..i can email whoever wants to slove this problem pictures...HELP i beg ha[/img]
Diesel Dexta 1960 Restyle

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Hi Raymond and welcome to the board.
Sounds like you have a doozy of a problem.
It's nothing that can't be sorted out with the help of Brian and the others on this board.
They will chime in on this when they wake up, and help you fix it.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

You have a stuck unload valve. Do a search on here, there are dozens of posts on it and how to sort it.

You must remember that you are working on a precision piece of equipment and any slight knock, bend or even cleaning with the wrong materials can terminally damage your lift.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Raymondc71
True Blue

Post by Raymondc71 »

thanks for your replys lads..this is my first restoration..im 16..so is that what it is a stuck unload valve..

Raymondc71
True Blue

Post by Raymondc71 »

see the unload valve was moving lovely once i got it going but it was just a slight stick..brian could i get your email just to send a picture of the linkage and pump..

Raymondc71
True Blue

Post by Raymondc71 »

I have taken the liberty of editing this post to use the reduced size image. I started reading this in Coventry and, by the time I had scrolled to the right, I found myself in Northampton :rofl:
Mike

Raymondc71
True Blue

Post by Raymondc71 »

[/img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6519 ... 54.jpg[img]

well do i need to fix anything??????? also do i have to bleed the pump because it took out everybit of oil with cloths and rags because there was a layer of sludge..ALL CLEAN!Brian are you sure that its the unload valve because i really want to know exactly whats wrong before i take it back off!! ha thanks lads and brian[/img]

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Raymond
Next time, try to reduce the size of the picture.
We don't all have a 3 foot wide screen :lol:
Good luck with your Dexta's hyd's.
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Raymondc71
True Blue

Post by Raymondc71 »

Raymondc71
True Blue

there she is

Post by Raymondc71 »

once i get the lift arms done i hope to sell her and yes i know the wheels are on the wrong side!!They have beeen changed since!

Brian told me it was the unload valve so i may take it back out again