Dexta wheel alignment

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Dexta wheel alignment

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

I have been looking at RossM "Wedding Day Dexta". Now is my eye sight failing me or an opticial illusion, but it appears Ross's Dexta has too much "toe in".So what I would like to find out is what are the correct specifications for the wheel alignment for the Dexta/Superdexta in relation to "toe in/out" as there seems to be no information available.Cheers TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

You don't need any information! Every Dexta has marks on the axle and on the steering arms to line up.

Last edited by Brian on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

And mine was badly set in a rush unfortunately.
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Thanks Brian.On my Super Dexta those marks would have been covered up when it was repainted in the mid 70's,plus 35 years of grease. :oops: TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

pjjms
True Blue

Post by pjjms »

Using the marks on my tractor gave considerible toe out. When set with the correct 1/2" toe in the LH mark aligned while the RH mark was about 1/4" out.

The manual does say that the "chisel marks" may be off if parts have been replaced. I can only assume that following assembly and wheel alignment the marks were applied with a chisel at the factory, and I also assume this makes the marks unique to each tractor, or in other words they will not line up if used parts are swapped between tractors.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There could also be problems in the steering box.

Normally the marks give a good setting. Ford carried the marking on to the 2-3000 series too.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Brian, you must be telepathic! That was going to be my next question!Cheers "The Swanndri Guy". :D
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900