what size plough

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

what size plough

Post by downton56 »

hi all looking to buy a plough for my dexta what would you recomend a 2 or 3 furrow looking for a complete one if any one knows of any in the wiltshire area
thanks
tim

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Three furrow would be a bit much. A Robin, TS1013 or TS1016 with either YL or EPIC bodies would be a good combination. Those ploughs are a bit pricey. I have just bought one with no skims or discs but with good bodies for £40.00. Most I had seen before that on E-Bay and advertised were between £400.00 and £600.00.

I have a couple of TS59's one on DMD Bodies and one on YL bodies. I was going to fit Cat 1 pins on the cross shaft on the YL one and use that behind Dotty so that is another way.

You could also go to a single furrow reversible, the TS1015 which is a deep digger with hydraulic turnover but you would need a DAR valve. That is the one in the pictures of me ploughing with Dotty.

A Fergy plough is another direction but that is not a good plough for shows etc. as it does not do a good job, IMHO and that of all the ploughing boys. They even give them a separate class at matches as they cannot compete with other makes. If you want to do work for yourself, it would be perfectly adequate.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

I agree with Brian a 2 furrow TS54 robin or the Ts1013 robin which are the same ploughs are perfect for a dexta i have epics on mine and they do a good job. I used a ferguson plough for ages behind mine it was ok but didnt do as nicer job as the ransomes.

Brian,
Why not fit link arms with removable linkage balls, i have these on mine in cat 2 and use some cat 1 bushings inside them as my robin is cat 1 and my flemming 6ft topper is cat 2, its great to go from one to the other easily.

Regards
James

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

How did downtown 56 manage to join on the 12th Jan 2010?

Is this any good
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ransomes-TS63-2-f ... 500wt_1182
Another unfinished project

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Ben,
Dual Cat linkage arms are like hens teeth and are very pricey up here. They were never an option on the Dexta but were on the Super Dexta. Have not found any yet. :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

Could someone possible post a photo of duel cat linkage arms, i might have a chance of a set but want to be sure, Gerry

EddieJ
True Blue

Post by EddieJ »

This any use? Replace the linkage balls with these from agriline (item 4425)

For a quick change between cat1 & cat2 implements.
-------------------------------------------------------
1962 Fordson Super Dexta (since 1970 ish)
Our workhorse currently undergoing overhaul
Follow us at www.fordsonsuperdexta.co.uk
-------------------------------------------------------

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

Hi Eiddiej So its just the balls that have to be changed not the ends or the arms . these seem to be bigger than the dexta ball ends, or have i got this wrong . wouldnt be hard for me :lol: Gerry

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

thanks for the replys have had a look on fleabay one or two options but will wait a bit longer and wait to see what comes along rather than rush out and get one

and yes thats the date i jioned

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

Sorry i'am being stupid i thought it was 6th of Jan and couldn't work out how you joined on the 12th :oops:
Another unfinished project

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

Brian,
The link arms i have came from sparex part no s.15177 and dual linkage ball s.2997 and the retaining clips are s.1730.
i changed my link arms as they were really worn on both sockets and in the arm pins which was a real pain when ploughing as there was so much slop.

regards
James

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

James,

I ordered lift arms from Agriline. The Fordson type balls do not fit them. You need a special ball with a key ground into it. This is a big disappointment although not terminal if they can get me Cat 2 Balls.

The multihole balls I also ordered will fit Nuffy so that is an advantage.
Brian

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

Brian,
when i went into there store they had the linkage balls there on the stand. if i would of known i would of picked you up a couple.
The link arms you have are the same as the ones i have if you like i will go and pick some up for you.

Regards
James

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

James,

I have e-mailed them and asked for a pair to be sent. They don't seem to list them on the site.

I ordered Cat 1 and the combination balls which will fit Nuffy and Super Sue so there will be no loss.
Brian

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

Dual cat linkage ball part no 4450
cat 2 linkage ball part no 4441
they are listed under mf 165

Regards
James