Tractor Registration.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
hiking bear
True Blue

Tractor Registration.

Post by hiking bear »

Just an update on a subject that has been covered in the past by other users on this site. A week before Xmas i contacted Mrs Poppingwell as recommended. She requested i send her the usual numbers etc plus 4 photos of Dexta and a fee of £20. This i done and upon receipt the Lady turned around the paperwork the sameday (confirming it as a Feb 1961) and posted back to me with neccersary forms for me to take personally to my local DVLA. This was outstanding service on her behalf and i would highly recommend. After the Xmas break i took my paperwork to the DVLA who in turn accepted it all and told me i would be getting a visit from an inspector. A few weeks later he visited me, there was a delay due to the bad weather. Five days after his visit i received my tax disc. The number i was given ended in XUX which i believe is a Shrewsbury number?? I must say the number has more appeal than the Scottish ones they used to issue. All in all very straightforward and excellent service from all parties involved.
1961 Dexta, 1957 FE35 and 1966 Eicher ES101 (of which im always looking for spares).

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

sounds like good service and info there. I have all my numbers etc ready to send, just need to ring mrs popplewell and get it sorted.
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I took a picture of the tractor working and the inspector did not need to visit according to my local office. It could be areas though.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

When I registered my fergie a while ago the inspector from my local office (Preston) wouldn't come out to me, I had to go to him but because i'd have to trailer it there I couldn't take it to the office due to space so i had to take it to the HGV test centre instead and he met me there! I included photos with me application and he still wanted to inspect it.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

RossM wrote:sounds like good service and info there. I have all my numbers etc ready to send, just need to ring mrs popplewell and get it sorted.
Ross,
How was it you got to the church??!! :oops:
No need to reply!
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

hiking bear
True Blue

Post by hiking bear »

When i registered my 35 it was done immediately and without inspection even though i used the same licensing office. According to the Lady at the DVLA its down to the discretion of the manager as to whether an inspection is required. The inspector who came out to me was a very pleasent man and very helpful. I think like Brian says it tends to differ from area to area, and i suppose the manager?
1961 Dexta, 1957 FE35 and 1966 Eicher ES101 (of which im always looking for spares).

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

Ben, you wouldn't believe how stealth a dexta can be! We only drove her from the pub at the bottom of the road. :D

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

RossM wrote:Ben, you wouldn't believe how stealth a dexta can be! We only drove her from the pub at the bottom of the road. :D
And I thought there was a number plate under that ribbon :wink:
All the best
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!