Super Dexta Chrome Front Badge

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Supertractorman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Super Dexta Chrome Front Badge

Post by Supertractorman »

Can anyone recommend a supplier of a good quality badge which is a good fit. I have already returned one I had purchased which was quite distorted and not well finished.
1964 Super Dexta
1958 Dexta
Mini Dexta
1944 Ford Ferguson 9NAN
Ferguson Teeny 20

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I found the same thing. I am ordering a badge from Tractor Badges and will report back.

I am finding that a lot of parts supplied by all sources are of very poor quality. I have just fitted another ignition switch to Dotty as the first one with a plastic barrel broke. This one, the ignition key drops out when it is switched on.

My heater/starter switch has the wrong shaped mounting bracket so it pulls the button to one side and you cannot get the rubber cover on without the switch sticking.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Supertractorman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Brian,
I did write to Tractor and Machinery magazine suggesting they did a series of comparing parts from various suppliers, but never had a response, possibly they could lose too much advertising revenue by doing this, when they found badly made items.
It must be big business with so many people now supplying parts, but so frustrating when you find the parts are not to OE or good copy spec and you have to alter them or post them back.

David
1964 Super Dexta
1958 Dexta
Mini Dexta
1944 Ford Ferguson 9NAN
Ferguson Teeny 20

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Supertractorman wrote:It must be big business with so many people now supplying parts, but so frustrating when you find the parts are not to OE or good copy spec and you have to alter them or post them back.
I have never posted duff parts back to Agriline. I just email them a photo or two showing the fault and they have sent a replacement FOC.

Hipperson are good too, not had problems with their stuff. If you have doubts/concerns ask them first and maybe ask them to email you photos. Then any probs, send Brian round to beat them up :wink:
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I got these from Malcolm!

We checked the switch because of problems he is having with an Irish supplier.

Ignition switches that turned off when you put the lights on! Then there were the heater switches that shorted out because the tags were touching the outer case.

Should have taken the old one but even then would not have noticed the difference in the bracket on the heater switch.

I won't even mention the mounting screws and the fact that they were 3mm out of alignment.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

Hi Brian

I need a new ignition / light switch please could you keep us posted if you find a good supplier

Thanks chris
Another unfinished project

Supertractorman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Bensdexta wrote:
I have never posted duff parts back to Agriline. I just email them a photo or two showing the fault and they have sent a replacement FOC.

Hipperson are good too, not had problems with their stuff. If you have doubts/concerns ask them first and maybe ask them to email you photos. Then any probs, send Brian round to beat them up :wink:
All the best,[/quote]

This badge was from Agriline, I sent them photos and they said the rest are similar from the same supplier , so send it back for credit !. :(
1964 Super Dexta
1958 Dexta
Mini Dexta
1944 Ford Ferguson 9NAN
Ferguson Teeny 20

RossM
True Blue

Post by RossM »

I had a new front super badge from agriline and the curvature was not the same as the nosecone (however the nosecone was also attocious!). I gave up in the end. When life settles down again i'll be stripping her front end down and fitting the replacement nose from agriline and seeing how well that fits and see if the badge fits better.
1964 New Performance Super Dexta - Shiney but still needs work!

Supertractorman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Went to Tractor World at Malvern today and had a good look around the badges. Some looked very poor, some a little better but still not as good as the original. Went to the Tractor Badges stand and found one copied from the original at more money. The badge was a lot heavier and had the original pins for clip fitting. The stand owner showed me that putting Araldite on the back of the pin after fitting means it is not easy to pinch as some with screw fittings had gone missing at shows.
Brought the badge home and in 5 mins I had it fitted and lined up perfect, so well pleased.

David
1964 Super Dexta
1958 Dexta
Mini Dexta
1944 Ford Ferguson 9NAN
Ferguson Teeny 20

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Super Dexta Chrome Front Badge

Post by Bensdexta »

Disappointed with my Tractor Badges wheatsheaf, so returned it.

Rather crude casting with pins in the wrong positions & no threads - quite unlike the original. Fortunately I managed to repair my original.

However I got my money back so no problems there :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!