Roll Bar

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
niallsdexta
True Blue

Roll Bar

Post by niallsdexta »

Hello All,

I am at the stage now of getting ready for Paint, and I have a question, when I removed my fenders and roll bar I had to cut the retaining bolts to get them off. Now, in your opinion would I need special bolts with special properties when refiting or could I just go down the local bolt shop and buy 4 standard bolts?

Also my local pait store tells me that for a 63 super dexta, the colour id "Fordson Empire Blue" and "Fordson Orange", which they stock on the shelf, does this play right with you guys?

Thanks for your help,
Niall. :lol:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The bolts would need to be High Tensile. Don't skimp on the cost, your life may depend on them one day.

Dexta colours changed in July 1963 to the slightly lighter New Performance blue and grey Wings and wheels.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

niallsdexta
True Blue

Post by niallsdexta »

Thanks Brian, would it still be alright to get the bolts form a bolt supplier or do you think I should go back and try and get them through a dealer?

the colour, I know she was blue and orange, I have the orange, but the guy at the paint store says I should have Empire blue as opposed to fordson blue, in your opinion is this right?

Thanks,
Niall

Nisse
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Nisse »

You can get the bolts from a supplier. Just take the old ones with you as the bolt quality is usually stamped on the bolt head. I don't know for UNC bolts though. For metric bolts I would take a 10.9 quality to be on the safe side.
If you don't have the old bolts, I can check what is stamped on mine. Have them lying in a box in the garage. But that won't be today as it is -40C outside and I am not going to move from my warm living room
:wink:
Nils
Fordson Super Dexta, John Deere JD400 Backhoe loader

niallsdexta
True Blue

Post by niallsdexta »

Thanks Nils, I would really appreciate that.

Niall

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

If she is a blue and orange Super then Empire Blue is the correct colour.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Nisse wrote:You can get the bolts from a supplier. Just take the old ones with you as the bolt quality is usually stamped on the bolt head. I don't know for UNC bolts though. For metric bolts I would take a 10.9 quality to be on the safe side.
If you don't have the old bolts, I can check what is stamped on mine. Have them lying in a box in the garage. But that won't be today as it is -40C outside and I am not going to move from my warm living room :wink:
If you're stuck getting the right bolts, I expect Flatford would send them to you. They make safety frames for Dextas. See this thread:
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... c034946d46
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Nisse
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Nisse »

niallsdexta wrote:Thanks Nils, I would really appreciate that.

Niall
I am sorry, but nothing was printed on the bolts. Maybe it rustet away?

Agriline has them, just in case you get stuck. Maybe you can call and check what quality they have.

Nils
Fordson Super Dexta, John Deere JD400 Backhoe loader