v5/55 help

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

v5/55 help

Post by downton56 »

hi all just wondoring if anyone can help
i need to fill in a v5/55 so i can get my dexta registered but not sure what bits i need to fill in any advice would be very helpfull
yours
tim

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

What do you need to know?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

taxation class
type approval

pottyperkins
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by pottyperkins »

taxation class: agri machine or historic vehicle

type: 2 axle rigid body

I would guess that if your going to use it and run it on red diesel it will be an agri-machine, but if you want to do shows, road runs etc and run on derv it would be historic vehicle

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

after all that form filling went and spoke to lady in dvla bournemouth with all relevant documents stamped ,signed forms filled she looked on her computer and it was allready on there system so paid my money and just waiting for the documents to come in the post

hiking bear
True Blue

Post by hiking bear »

I recently done a post on this subject. After i handed over all my forms i still had to undergo an inspection before the documents were issued. Did they give you a number and tax disc there and then?
1961 Dexta, 1957 FE35 and 1966 Eicher ES101 (of which im always looking for spares).

Bensdexta
True Blue

agri machine or historic vehicle ?

Post by Bensdexta »

pottyperkins wrote:taxation class: agri machine or historic vehicle

I would guess that if your going to use it and run it on red diesel it will be an agri-machine, but if you want to do shows, road runs etc and run on derv it would be historic vehicle
I was told by someone (can't rember who) that our Dx's are 'too old' to be registered as an 'agri machine', although I know of Dextas that are so registered. I don't think registration as a 'historic vehicle' prevents use for agricultural business using red diesel.

I did seek clarification on this from DVLA and received a totally unhelpful reply just refering me to their standard docs which don't provide a clear answer.
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

the c/n was on there system but she could not pull up the reg no as the system would not allow it so will wat to see what i receive

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

They do not seem to let any old tractor be registered under "agri". The only way would be to do a completely new registration and pay for the licence. You would then be restricted on road mileage and still have to run on white when not operating in connection with agriculture.

Things like horse care and pasture topping are not agricultural activities according to Customs and Excise.

All this is to catch a few people who were abusing the red diesel system and it has hit a number of harmless individuals and charities. Usual sledge hammer and peanut syndrome from bureaucrats.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

pottyperkins
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by pottyperkins »

1963 super dexta is registered as agri machine
1964 tractor historic vehicle
1965 tractor agri machine
They are all on new type v5, so they are not changed over to historic vechile automaticly
I seem to remember the registration was changed over to get a free tax disc, but now there all free, so its not a problem

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

pottyperkins wrote:1963 super dexta is registered as agri machine
1964 tractor historic vehicle
1965 tractor agri machine
They are all on new type v5, so they are not changed over to historic vechile automaticly
I seem to remember the registration was changed over to get a free tax disc, but now there all free, so its not a problem
Do you use any of them for agricultural purposes?
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

pottyperkins
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by pottyperkins »

Do you use any of them for agricultural purposes?
I like to give my tractors a bit of exercise, so all the tractors do some farm work, but the older ones do lighter jobs like , chain harrowing, rolling, topping etc
None of the older tractors are used on the road, so i dont know the situation with taxation class and diesel