Hose clips

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
john.n
True Blue

Hose clips

Post by john.n »

i cant find any wire hose clips large enough for the rad hoses and the pipe from aircleaner to inlet manifold. has anyone ever found a supplier of these?

Bensdexta
True Blue

Wire Hose clips

Post by Bensdexta »

john.n wrote:i cant find any wire hose clips large enough for the rad hoses and the pipe from aircleaner to inlet manifold. has anyone ever found a supplier of these?
Have you tried Agriline? They advertise them.
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

we rang them up and they said the batch was poor quality so they sent it back. least they dont send out poor quality products.
thanks

Supertractorman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Supertractorman »

I have found in my 1961 parts manual that the radiator hose clips are flat types. Only the air cleaner pipes are shown as wire clips.

David
1964 Super Dexta
1958 Dexta
Mini Dexta
1944 Ford Ferguson 9NAN
Ferguson Teeny 20

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

found old 20 supply many different sizes of wire hose clips. got a couple of leaks though. quite large leak from the lower hose conection to the pump. and a smaller one on the bypass hose. any thoughts on how to fix this?

many thanks

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

john.n wrote:found old 20 supply many different sizes of wire hose clips. got a couple of leaks though. quite large leak from the lower hose conection to the pump. and a smaller one on the bypass hose. any thoughts on how to fix this?
Thanks for the tip about Old20. :wink:
Can you establish why your hoses are leaking - eg are they bedded onto corroded/rough surfaces?
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!