dexta pulling to one side

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
GERRY
True Blue

dexta pulling to one side

Post by GERRY »

Hi all, I have been out turning over a bit of land when i got the dexta boged down , had to get her pulled out , since i have found that when i am driving i have to hold the steering wheel tightly or the wheel will spin voilently to left , before this i could let go of wheel and she would drive in a straight line without any problem, i cant see anything visibly wrong , any ideas what i might have damaged, Gerry

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Sounds like you have bent a stub axle. Check that your marks on the axle still line up when the wheels are straight ahead.

Other problem could be brake sticking.

I tried to plough some land for potatoes yesterday. Nuffy spent more time spinning than ploughing. :roll: Just going to have to leave it alone a while longer.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

Hi Brian this bad weather sure does make things enjoyable, got her in an checked stubs they seem to be ok i re adjusted the toe in an what ever was wrong it must have cured it . took it for atest and shes running perfacto again , now to find another swamp :lol: GERRY

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

If you got bogged in could some mud/soil have got into the rear brake drum on one side causing it to bind?

Jerry
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

This could have been apossiblity Gerry becuse she was right up to the axels . what ever was causing it after i reset the toe in , imust have relased atwist or pressure of sort on track rods, its working prefect,I supose ill never know