Stabilser Bars

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Bensdexta
True Blue

Stabilser Bars

Post by Bensdexta »

Can somebody tell me if these bars will fit a Dexta?
The smaller holes are 7/8" diameter, ie Cat 1 size. The larger holes are 1.1/8" Cat 2 size.

The distance between the Cat 1 centres is 32".

They are stamped FoMoCo

Thanks for your advice :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

dexta4
True Blue

Post by dexta4 »

i think i had one of those on a dexta once that was on a flail mower, i suppose it all depends on what you've got on the hydraulics if they fit or not? that was put on to pull the mower over to one side.
sometimes you need 4!!!

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

dexta4 wrote:i think i had one of those on a dexta once that was on a flail mower, i suppose it all depends on what you've got on the hydraulics if they fit or not? that was put on to pull the mower over to one side.
I think stabiliser bars are normally fitted symmetrically one on each side to stop the implement moving sideways. But I'm not sure why these are hockey-stick shaped. Our old ones were straight :wink:

dexta4
True Blue

Post by dexta4 »

thinking about it the one i had had an extra hole gas torched in it so it fit. all the others i've got are staight i think the bent ones are for the 000 series?
sometimes you need 4!!!

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

ben,
They are right for the dexta, you use one for mowing to keep it set to one side and 2 for cultivating to stop side travel when working in rowcrop mode.

i use one with my topper and finger mower fitted to the rh side since the mower is offset it works a treat.

Regards
James

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

jambug123 wrote:They are right for the dexta, you use one for mowing to keep it set to one side and 2 for cultivating to stop side travel when working in rowcrop mode.

i use one with my topper and finger mower fitted to the rh side since the mower is offset it works a treat.
Do they have to be hockey-stick shaped, or would straight ones work the same?

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

i have the hockey stick type and the curved side goes to the axle brackets, straight ones will work in the same way and so will the adjustable type sabilizer bars.

Regards
James