throttle to dash rod connection

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
GERRY
True Blue

throttle to dash rod connection

Post by GERRY »

I am trying to repair the throttle on my dexta , the handle has been welded to the rod comming up through the dash , there should be a screw to hold handle to this rod , there is also a slot in the handle which i take it is to slip on to rod , which must have a rised piece or is it a grove for a cotter pin :?: also would some one know what size and thread is the smalll screw, hope this makes sence :lol: Gerry

GERRY
True Blue

Re: throttle to dash rod connection

Post by GERRY »

GERRY wrote:I am trying to repair the throttle on my dexta , the handle has been welded to the rod comming up through the dash , there should be a screw to hold handle to this rod , there is also a slot in the handle which i take it is to slip on to rod , which must have a rised piece or is it a grove for a cotter pin :?: also would some one know what size and thread is the smalll screw, hope this makes sence :lol: Gerry
just seen bensdexta post i think it has my answer

Chug-A-Lug
True Blue

Post by Chug-A-Lug »

GERRY wrote:I am trying to repair the throttle on my dexta , the handle has been welded to the rod comming up through the dash
I'm in the same situation, except the welder wasn't too good at welding and my throttle lever snapped off a few days ago. It looks as if the throttle rod has snapped at some point in the past and is now too short, hence welding the lever on. Can you buy replacement throttle rods? I can't find any listed anywhere...

Thanks all, Sam
New Performance Super Dexta - Mostly 1964...

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Chug-A-Lug wrote:Can you buy replacement throttle rods? I can't find any listed anywhere...
Suggest you try Malcolm Hipperson for a 2nd hand one. I just got a spring clip for the top of my rod from him (see my earlier thread on this), :wink:
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Chug-A-Lug
True Blue

Post by Chug-A-Lug »

Thanks Bensdexta

Malcolm Hipperson? Who's he? How do I get hold of him? I'm new to all this...

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Chug-A-Lug wrote:Malcolm Hipperson? Who's he? How do I get hold of him? I'm new to all this...
Just google, or phone or email him:
Ph: 01366-324394 Fax: 01366-324409 Malcolmhipperson@aol.com
All the best, :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Chug-A-Lug
True Blue

Post by Chug-A-Lug »