reg no

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

reg no

Post by downton56 »

hi all just got vehicle log book back to day after months trying to get it sorted as it had no log book
but it seems to have an unusall no plate '1460 PW' has anyone else got 4 numbers and 2 letters

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I would swap you that number! :D That is a Norfolk number and I wanted one like it for Dotty.

Would be about 1959 / 1960. I used to have an Austin Westminster 95/6 from 1959 and she was 4067 AH.

Norfolk numbers went AH, PW, NG, VF in either three letters AAH. APW. etc or numbers then two of the above letters, then three numbers and three letters.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

YorkshireDextaMan
True Blue

Post by YorkshireDextaMan »

The Dexta i'm restoring is Reg. 1917 BT, Which is kind of nice really because she registered East Riding and has not moved more than 10 miles from my Home 20, in her lifetime, 50yrs. The previous owner keep the original documents, so did'nt have any trouble in transfering ,
Just wonder if anyone has come accross a handbrake fitted to Dexta's made by "Edwards Engineering" mine has one and it's jiggered, and the notched latch for the footbrake lock is missing.
Even if i can get one it dos'nt seem much of a means for a parking brake. Any idea's anyone, a later type Dexta handbrake may be. :?:

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

yes she came from ipswich last taxed in 1987 i didnt get log book for it
suppliers plate on the side of bonnet says
Eggerton Nash
surrey st
norwich

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Should have been Mann Egerton who were the Ford dealers in Surrey Street. Wonder where Egerton Nash came from.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

yes sorry my mistake

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I think the parking brake you have is a Lawrence Edwards one, an after-market attachment. Might be worth giving them a call.
Brian