Whats it worth?

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
dhep72
Not Quite Blue Yet

Whats it worth?

Post by dhep72 »

Hi been looking at a dexta only have seen it under a cover but looks ok need new wings and foot plates and little bits and peices have not seen it running but it ment to.
Also been looking at one nearly restored just needs a few bit bolted back on but has a cracked block that has been repaired with cemical metal and does not leak any more.
Both are £1600 but whick one should i go for and are thy worth it. and what other problems should i look for?

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Whats it worth?

Post by Bensdexta »

dhep72 wrote:Both are £1600 but whick one should i go for and are thy worth it. and what other problems should i look for?
£1600 should get you a good working tractor. Not immaculate but all there and ready for work. I'd be wary of a cracked block. The only proper repair is metal stitching.

You definitely want to see a tractor running and working before buying. I suggest you bide your time, look on ebay which will give you a good idea on prices. Go and look at a few before buying. Better still take a knowledgeable friend with you.

All the best, :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

take a screwdriver and have a scrape around under the lip on the engine block. i had a suprise when i had a real good scrape round there and found the block had been welded at some time. leaked a little but chemical metal sorted the small leak

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Cracked block? At that price, move away quietly and don't look back! There are better tractors out there.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

got mine of ebay £1700
only needed a new seat and i replaced the headlights runs like a dream took her out on the road last week done about 15 miles runs like a dream there is a few bargins left on ebay i would recomened having a look