drag link sizes

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
GERRY
True Blue

drag link sizes

Post by GERRY »

Could someone tell me the correct length of the drag links i read some where in past posts if my mind isnt playing tricks that one is suposed to be longer than the other, reason iam in need of this is one of my front wheels has started to wobble , the deaded wobble :lol: .awhile back ihad a problem with toe in . i the adjusted the drag links to get toe in right an now iam haveing problems with wheel woblble, dont know if this is anyhing to do with it but had no problem before i started messing around with the drag links , thanking you in advance . Gerry

TOH
True Blue

Post by TOH »

I'm no expert but a wheel wobble sounds more like a problem with worn linkage joints or bearings. Also check if the wheel rim isn't bent. Incorrect toe in might have masked the problem before. Excessive toe in tends to drag the wheels into one direction (inwards) all the time (or so I have understood) so the play in the linkage is "pulled out". If the wheels run in a more straight line now the drag forces work more unevenly making the wheel wobble. I hope this made any sense.

Example of this is my Major. She still has the problem of excessive toe out (distance between front wheels is greater in the front) and it is impossible to drive straight at speed without constantly compesating with the steering wheel.

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

Thanks TOH for your reply, this all started after ihad got the tractor stuck and when i trailed her as i was on my own the front wheels had been at full lock , this could have damage somthing , afterwards it was pulling to one side without the wobble , i then checked toe in an the marks where slightly out as where the wheels i then ajusted the drag links this left me with wheel wobble on the left wheel, the marks are lined up correctly and the wheels are stright as they should , but im thinking mybe ishould reajust the drag links back , that is if ican find where they where. :lol: isupose it will have to be trail an error. thanks anyway . GERRY