Paint confusion

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
gcamp
Not Quite Blue Yet

Paint confusion

Post by gcamp »

I am trying to gather paint supplies for my '61 Dexta. I had decided to use New Holland paints after reading posts by Stefan and Bensdexta. When I contacted my nearest dealer they had never heard of Empire Blue and couldn't locate it in their system.
I gave them part numbers 87295334 for the blue and 87295310 for orange. They said these were "not good numbers". Also, q-coat had never been heard of before.
Is it possible that New Holland here in the U.S. is on a different system than U.K? Or should I try a different dealer?

I have considered Agriline, but have not checked with them on paint shipping rules and pricing.

Any suggestions or words of wisdom?
Thanks,
Gene
1961 Dexta

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Your Dealer is a bit rubbish!

The prpblem possibly is that he has not seen a Fordson tractor. when the Supers were sent to the US they were Ford Grey with Empire Blue cast work. They were also called Super Major 5000.

Agriline would be the best place or perhaps Bareco or Sparex on your side of the pond as there may be problems shipping paint.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Q-Coat

Post by Bensdexta »

Hi,
Sorry your dealer can't find Q-Coat. If you go into this website:
http://www.vugot.com/
and enter the part number, Empire Blue comes up. It's definitely available in UK & Europe. Might be worth emailing vugot as they are usually pretty helpful.

Maybe the US NH catalogue is different :?:

All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!