electric fuel pump

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
naildriver
True Blue

electric fuel pump

Post by naildriver »

My S Dexta had an electric fuel pump installed when I got it. At some point, I might change that back original but for now, I think I'll leave it.Where in the fuel line should this be mounted? from tank to filter or from filter to fuel pump. I hope to make it look better than the mess of lines before.Thanks

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: electric fuel pump

Post by Bensdexta »

naildriver wrote:My S Dexta had an electric fuel pump installed when I got it. At some point, I might change that back original but for now, I think I'll leave it.Where in the fuel line should this be mounted? from tank to filter or from filter to fuel pump. I hope to make it look better than the mess of lines before.
I assume your electric fuel pump is in place of the usual lift pump, item 9 in the diag below and which bolts onto the injection pump.
You can see it lies between the tank and the fuel filter.

It would be quite easy to return your tractor to the original configuration as lift pumps are readily avaiable and quite cheap ~$40. But I'm advised that it is best to get one with a cast operating arm rather than the more usual plate arm - it's kinder on the injection pump's shaft :wink:
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

naildriver
True Blue

Re: electric fuel pump

Post by naildriver »

Bensdexta wrote:
naildriver wrote:My S Dexta had an electric fuel pump installed when I got it. At some point, I might change that back original but for now, I think I'll leave it.Where in the fuel line should this be mounted? from tank to filter or from filter to fuel pump. I hope to make it look better than the mess of lines before.
I assume your electric fuel pump is in place of the usual lift pump, item 9 in the diag below and which bolts onto the injection pump.
You can see it lies between the tank and the fuel filter.

It would be quite easy to return your tractor to the original configuration as lift pumps are readily avaiable and quite cheap ~$40. But I'm advised that it is best to get one with a cast operating arm rather than the more usual plate arm - it's kinder on the injection pump's shaft :wink:
All the best,
#47 in this picture,where should I look first to find one or any ideas of another like piece to replace???

Bensdexta
True Blue

Mushroom

Post by Bensdexta »

naildriver wrote:#47 in this picture,where should I look first to find one or any ideas of another like piece to replace???
#47 is the Air Pre-Cleaner (Mushroom). It is quite widely available, eg from Agriline:
http://www.agrilineproducts.com/techdia ... ref26.html
I expect suppliers your side of the pond have it too. There is also a longer (ie taller) version for dusty environments.
All the best, :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!