top link

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
john.n
True Blue

top link

Post by john.n »

im looking to buy a new top link. i have found a seller on ebay selling them at a good price. i am unsure of the length required. the lenghts are given as length of tube.
is this long enough?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAT-1-1-330MM-Uni ... 3a5afa8d52

many thanks

Dunggatherer
True Blue

Post by Dunggatherer »

If the implement you intend to use has its mounting points in a straight line above eachother,you would need a top link with a length of 600 mm eye to eye.
If the length of the eBay tube is 330,you would have to screw it all the way out to even reach the implement.
I would go for a longer one.
I have a 450 mm long top link,600 mm overall,which works fine,but can not be shortened,so 450 mm might be too long.
I also have a 400 mm one,again tubelength,that fits perfectly,and can be lengthened safely,and shortened if necessary,to tilt the implement.

Hope this helps...

Greetings from Holland.
Rob.

O and by the way,i found that on the cheaper ones the thread quality is such that you will find it very hard to tilt a heavy implement.
This is why i am using the (longish) 450 mm top link,it is pretty expensive,65 euros,but it is a joy to use.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I have one from Agriline. Good price, good quality.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian