Oil light

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Oil light

Post by downton56 »

Green oil light came on today oil level is ok where should I start looking first

naildriver
True Blue

Opinion

Post by naildriver »

I am not experienced but I would try a gauge first and see what it says.

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

A positive check would be to remove the oil pressure switch and fit a pressure gauge to determine the oil pressure whilst the engine is running. Alternatively if you cannot obtain a gauge try another pressure switch.

Disconnect the wire from the pressure switch if the light is still on then you have a wiring fault.

Gerald

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

Thanks for the quick response I havnt got a pressure gauge and have noticed that agriline do two types not beingsure which one I need I ordered both just to be on the safe side

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

downton56 wrote:Thanks for the quick response I havnt got a pressure gauge and have noticed that agriline do two types not beingsure which one I need I ordered both just to be on the safe side
It's just the thread that differs. If you remove your old switch, count the turns/inch and you can tell them which thread you need :wink:
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

It is possible that the intake pipe on the oil pump has broken.

Do you have a plate in the sump that you can remove and check the pipe and also make sure the pickup filter is clean?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

ok thanks will get down to her tommorrow to fit new pressure switch and check wires for shafes if that does not cure will look at sump and oil pump
thanks agian guys

downton56
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by downton56 »

thanks guys all working fine now new switch and bingo no more green light when engine is running