Parts in the US

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
naildriver
True Blue

Parts in the US

Post by naildriver »

Where is a good place to order parts in the US? [fenders,floor boards, brakes, and brake drum]

gcamp
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by gcamp »

You might try Yesterday's Tractors and Fix That Ford. I recently saw that FarmerLink has a good price on fenders.

Gene
1961 Dexta

naildriver
True Blue

Thanks

Post by naildriver »

gcamp wrote:You might try Yesterday's Tractors and Fix That Ford. I recently saw that FarmerLink has a good price on fenders.

Gene
I ordered what I needed this morning, mostly from Yesterday's tractors, got fenders from tractor restoration supply and brake drum from another that I can't remember. I haven't heard of "Fix that Ford or Farmerlink" I'll check them out to see if I paid to much. Thanks

Bensdexta
True Blue

Dennis Carpenter

Post by Bensdexta »

Anyone bought parts from Dennis Carpenter?
I almost did, but in the end got a 2nd hand part from Malcolm Hipperson.
DC seemed pretty helpful.
All the best :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

naildriver
True Blue

Parts

Post by naildriver »

Got my fenders delivered, I was a little disappointed with the fit. Also got my new floor boards, same there. Floor boards are thinner metal than original and mounting brackets had to be discarded. The length was to short to get around hydraulic pump cover. Used the old brackets but have to redrill some holes in floor boards. The fenders where they mount to the floor boards are 2in short so I plan on making a flat 3in extension to connect to floor board and then to fender.Making progress

naildriver
True Blue

Brake drum

Post by naildriver »

Got my new brake drum today.I should have returned it but I used it anyway. The hole pattern was slightly smaller. Barely damaged the threads going on. The only way it would go was to turn the lugs nuts 1/8 turns with an impact wrench until it finally bottomed out. After all that, It became clear that the part that touches the rim is much thicker so that when the tire is mounted, the wheel studs only have 1/2 the thread of the lug nuts. It took 20 minutes to get it on and I'm afraid it will never be able to be taken off again????

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I looked for a radiator cap for Dotty and Nuffy at the Shrewsbury Show and I have never seen so much rubbish on offer masquerading as parts for tractors.

The radiator caps did not have pressure seals and were made of a similar material to the tins I get cat food in. No, I take that back! The cat food tins are thicker!

Why people buy this stuff is beyond me.

(Rant over). :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

WayneB
True Blue

Re: Parts in the US

Post by WayneB »

Walts Tractor Parts, Mexico Missouri.

This question is asked many time on YTMAG, but you cannot post the above words, just won't post.
I stopped while driveing thru Missour, in this basically internet order facility. It was 10 miles out of town, and one mile down a gravel road. But, I was able to walk thru the warehouse, and I'd have a good start on putting a Dexta together from stocked parts. Chrome badges and things I thought only available in Britian.

Known locally as Unger Tractor. Google Walts & Fordson...

Wayne

naildriver wrote:Where is a good place to order parts in the US? [fenders,floor boards, brakes, and brake drum]
Tractor poor, 59 Dexta, 61 & (3) 62 SuperDexta-s, 68 4000 Ford 4x4, 81 Ford 1100 4x4, 55-HD5G AC Crawler Loader, 1951 CAT D6 9U, 1967 160B Dynahoe backhoe and now a toy JD 850 4x4 loader compact.