oil pressure switch

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
terry274
True Blue

oil pressure switch

Post by terry274 »

I need a new oil pressure switch for my 1964 Super Dexta. Part number E1ADDN9278. Would a switch from a Ferguson with a Perkins engine fit and work properly? That might be more easily located in the U.S.
Thanks, Terry

I may have a problem. Should the threads be 1/2'' diameter?

Terry
--
1964 Fordson Super Dexta

EddieJ
True Blue

Re: oil pressure switch

Post by EddieJ »

terry274 wrote:I need a new oil pressure switch for my 1964 Super Dexta. Part number E1ADDN9278. Would a switch from a Ferguson with a Perkins engine fit and work properly? That might be more easily located in the U.S.
Thanks, Terry

I may have a problem. Should the threads be 1/2'' diameter?

Terry
Not sure about the Ferguson switch, however your old one is a 1/4 BSP thread (BSP is measured on the internal pipe diameter) which has an over all thread diameter of 0.518" so yes yours is correct.

Correct me if I'm wrong but older dextas (1957-58 ) used a 1/8 BSP oil pressure switch.

I suppose any 1/4 BSP switch will do
-------------------------------------------------------
1962 Fordson Super Dexta (since 1970 ish)
Our workhorse currently undergoing overhaul
Follow us at www.fordsonsuperdexta.co.uk
-------------------------------------------------------

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

eddiej is correct , ford as with alot of the dexta parts was always making changes, through out the run of dexta/superdexta,trying to save money i supose :) ,the oil switch is one example the thermostate housing was another which threw me for a time, but there are two sizes the early and later switches, 1/8 an1/4 ,
Gerry