Repair my starter motor with a repair kit.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
dexta61
Not Quite Blue Yet

Repair my starter motor with a repair kit.

Post by dexta61 »

I have replaced my startermotor with an other startermotor, but I want to repair the old startermotor with a repair kit.

I have had a look at how the cupper leads are fixed and they seem to be clampt to the cover plate. The question is how do I fix the new leads do I open the clamps with a screw driver and clamp (hammer) them back or is there a better method.
Also I need to replace the connection (brass screw) for the cable to the solenoid, can anynody tell me where I can get this in a complete set? I have seen one once, but have lost the link.
Thanks for your info
I just bought a DEXTA

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Repair my starter motor with a repair kit.

Post by Bensdexta »

dexta61 wrote:Also I need to replace the connection (brass screw) for the cable to the solenoid, can anynody tell me where I can get this in a complete set? I have seen one once, but have lost the link.
Contact Pete Thompson Globe Whitchurch, on Pdt55@tiscali.co.uk'. He sells Lucas starter kits on ebay. Also reconditioned my starter and did a 1st class job.
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

dexta61
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by dexta61 »

Thanks Bensdexta, have been in contact with Pete and parts have been ordered and on its way.
I just bought a DEXTA

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

dexta61 wrote:Thanks Bensdexta, have been in contact with Pete and parts have been ordered and on its way.
Sounds good. Let us know how you get on. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!