My Dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
hervold
Not Quite Blue Yet

My Dexta

Post by hervold »

First of all i would like to thank you for a great forum, I have been a frequent reader for some years and found it to be equally helpful and entertaining.
I have a 1964 Dexta Special, serialnr. 09d 9272?7. I got her from a local farmer who bought her new. When I bought her I had the injection pump restored and she has been an easy starter for 15 years now. Even in -20C she starts without any cold start function or heater button. However she has always had a hard enginesound compare to other Dextas, can best be described as a bit fuel nock, and the sound hasn’t changed the 15 years I had her. I’ve checked the timing and the rocker clearance, but they are fine. When idle at low rev the green oil light is pulsating, any suggestions :?:
She is a working tractor but now there are small oil leaks everywhere and almost no breaks. So it’s time for some works to be done on here. I plan to change all oil seal, filters, breaks, fenders ,seat ++, and a new paintjob.

Does anyone knows if this sticker is obtainable?
Fords rest-o-ride seat. Very expensive to restore :evil:
Only a wooden block for comfort
I’ll be painting her blue and grey. A lot is written about the shade of blue and orange, but what is the correct grey :?: I bought Ford Light Grey at Agriline, but it was darker than I anticipated.
Kind regards
Jan

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Another little beauty! There was some discusion on here about Dexta Specials and the thought that they might be few and far between.

I would think you will have to get the decal made as they were a "one off".
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

hervold
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by hervold »

I believe all ordinary Dextas sold in Norway in 1964 were named Dexta Special , I got the original handbook from when the tractor was new. It covers Super Dexta and Dexta Special, I believe if there were a third version, it would be named here as well.
About the color, does anybody know if Ford light gray is the right one?
Jan

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I would not put too much faith in the leaflet to name all the available versions :D They have missed out the petrol Dexta which was still available in Norway at that time.

Ford grey is the right colour but not the grey of the earlier Ford Fergusons or the Model F. Ford '0000nd series grey is the one that you need and that is nearly white.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian