Fuel Lines.

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
justjamiefarming
True Blue

Fuel Lines.

Post by justjamiefarming »

Is anyone flaring their own fuel lines and if so what size and type are the pipes and flares; or is everyone buying the ready made products from the online stores?

Regards, James.
It was like that when I found it.... & I wish I had left it alone!

commander
True Blue

Post by commander »

If you're talking injector lines, you need to purchase those pre-made or go to a diesel shop and have them made up. They are a special high pressure tubing. You could probably find someone to sell you a roll of it, but I s'pect the cost would be high.

The other fuel lines, and the vacuum line on the early models, are
1/4 inch od tubing. (exception: the line from the primer pump is smaller if I remember correctly) They are not flared, unless someone has fitted up some adaptors. They use 'olives' a type of compression fitting. My local tractor dealer had them and industrial suppliers carry them. You can find them online. Steel brakeline or soft copper tubing will work for these lines. you will need a tubing bender to avoid kinking them.

I used soft copper to replace a couple of mine. I have a hardware store about 1/4 mile away... It's 20 minutes to an automotive store or the tractor dealer.....an hour or more to an industrial supply house.
Jack