Injection Pump Diaphragm

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
john.n
True Blue

Injection Pump Diaphragm

Post by john.n »

i was driving my dexta round on the driveway earlyer to ensure everything was working correctly before i go to an event. then i found out it wasnt! i was reversing up the hill in high range and once at the top i pressed the clutch down and the revs increased suddenly and would not drop without pulling the stop cable before the engine stopped i let the revs pick up again. the revs remained at a constant speed until the engine had to work revesing back up the hill. had to use the stop cable to controle the revs.

after pulling the govener housing apart i found a 1" rip in the Diaphragm, so it needs replacing. how do i remove the old diaphram? is there any ajustment needed to set up the new one?
is the diaphram the same as used in the fergie TEF pump?

many thanks

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Diaphram is readily available from Agriline etc. See workshop Manual downloadable from www.fordson-dexta.de :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

i managed to remove the old diaphram, cant see any ajustment anywhere inside the pump. only the max fuel ajustment. is it just stick the new one in and it should work?

many thanks

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Don't adjust anything in the pump, John. Just put the new diaphragm in, and she should run just like she did before.

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

thats good news, makes the job easyer

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

replaced the diaphram and runs smoother than before. only downside is the engine really dosent like starting now. what could cause this? could there be reduced travel in the governer?

many thanks