How many holes in front wheels (Super Dexta)

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
landowner
Not Quite Blue Yet

How many holes in front wheels (Super Dexta)

Post by landowner »

Help......

How many holes should there be in the front wheels of our 1964 Super Dexta and what shape should the holes for the wheel weights be please?

Some have round holes for the wheel weights and some have square.

Some have just six stud holes and some have a hole in between each stud as well.

Got to get it right, people will only pick at it if it's wrong eh.
:D

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

I believe there should be only 6 stud holes and the four weight holes should be square.
Also there are 16" dia wheels and 19" wheels, which tend to be on earlier Dextas :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

landowner
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by landowner »

Bensdexta wrote:I believe there should be only 6 stud holes and the four weight holes should be square.
Also there are 16" dia wheels and 19" wheels, which tend to be on earlier Dextas :wink:
Thanks for that, ours are 16 inch wheels and have 12 holes around the bit where the studs fit through, six for the studs and 6 spare ones for something or other. The weight holes are also round.

I ask because I have just bought two new ones and they only have six stud holes and the holes for the weights are square so maybe they are the correct ones for the job. :)

It could be that the Dexta had some odd wheels fitted as it had been used for some sort of fishing operation by the sea.

thanks again

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

landowner wrote:Thanks for that, ours are 16 inch wheels and have 12 holes around the bit where the studs fit through, six for the studs and 6 spare ones for something or other. The weight holes are also round.

I ask because I have just bought two new ones and they only have six stud holes and the holes for the weights are square so maybe they are the correct ones for the job. :)

It could be that the Dexta had some odd wheels fitted as it had been used for some sort of fishing operation by the sea.

thanks again
Where did you buy your wheels? You did well to find them. Alot of the ones offered for sale have the extra holes. They fit but aren't correct :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

landowner
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by landowner »

Got them from Tractorshack in Hanley , went for a ride out and had a look at the shop. He said there were three different types which will all fit the Dexta.
Nice guy who refurbs tractors as well.

01782 28 44 22 and he's open Saturday morning (ring first)

Could have spent all day lookin rouind his shop :)
Wife has a very tight purse : )