Fitting an Automatic Pick-up Hitch

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
woodseaves
True Blue

Fitting an Automatic Pick-up Hitch

Post by woodseaves »

To fit the hitch I have to remove the swinging drawbar. According to the drawing I have the drawbar is made up of :

1. Drawbar anchor bracket
2. Drawbar support bracket
3. Swinging drawbar
4. Drawbar support plate.

My question is simple, what do I do with number 4? Do I remove it?

At the moment I have it still in position but the auto hitch could not operate safely the hook is not secured against anything. I am assuming that as the trailer is hitched the hook somehow or other is wedged under the PTO area.

If the drawbar support plate was moved backward the hook would then secure up to it. Has anyone had any experience of fitting one? (what a stupid question) Can anyone help me out?

Regards

Section 10 of the Dexta Manual contains all I need to know. The Drawbar support plate is removed and replaced by a 'Bumper' that extends beyond and under the PTO. It looks like it is a piece of kit that gets left on the tractor when the hitch is removed either to sell or whatever. I don't suppose anyone has a drawing of one of these bumpers. It shouldn't be to difficult to make a copy using the Drawbar support plate as a template, just extend it a few inches. Hey Ho, here we go again.