PTO and Clutch

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Winchester
True Blue

PTO and Clutch

Post by Winchester »

I assume that the PTO should stop spinning when I push the clutch pedal down? Mine do not stop spinning. If so, how to correct this?

And I'm wondering if I have Live PTO. When I push the PTO lever back against the axel, the PTO starts spinning, but it feels like there are one other "position" on the levers path from front to back. Should there be posible to put the PTO lever in another position than front and back?
Tom T. Winchester
-------------------------------------------------------
Little did I know that all those days passing was life itself!

Dunggatherer
True Blue

Post by Dunggatherer »

Hello Winchester,

Please check the rod that is connected between the clutch-pedal and the little lever that operates the clutch-release axle through the bellhousing.
If that rod has a clevis with two holes,and it is the original one,then you have the live-drive version,which means you can disconnect the PTO with the clutch.

Then probably the PTO clutch plate is sticky,since it will not stop.

If you only see one hole,you have the single clutch version,and everything seems to be ok.

There is no position between front and back.

Hej då

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

As Robert says, you need to change the pin in the clevis to get the clutch to work.

Even if you have it in the correct hole, sometimes the plate sticks to the flywheel, this happens to mine.

I put my bush hog on and start up in gear with my foot on the clutch pedal, this will clear it sometimes or I have to work it for a while and then try dropping the bush hog into work with my foot on the clutch.

If these actions do not work, it means you will have to split her to investigate further.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Winchester
True Blue

Post by Winchester »

I was just outside now and checked, mine has two holes.
I put it in the second hole, but that didn't stop the PTO from spinning when I pushed the clutch to the foot plate.
Guess it's stuck ;) But I won't need it to plow snow in the winter so I won't do anything about it for now. Might try to adjust the linkage, but that's about all I will do in this cold weather ;)
Tom T. Winchester
-------------------------------------------------------
Little did I know that all those days passing was life itself!