Manafold alignment

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
jerry
Not Quite Blue Yet

Manafold alignment

Post by jerry »

Hello

Would like to know if the exhust manifold lines up with the hole in the hood without an offset added. The 1963 dexta I have has an offset because the manifold is in the center of the engine (a 152 cu in perkins.) At sometime before I got it the manifold was broken and welded but don,t know if this is the origanal or a replacement. I would like to replace the manifold and the muffler to what was the origanal. (any help-?) :?: :?: This website is great

Thanks much .
Jerry

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Jerry , which engine do you have in your Dexta?If it is original it will have a Ford engine rather than a Perkin's 152? Or has it been repowered with a Perkins P3.152 ? :roll: TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

jerry
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by jerry »

Swanndri :oops: The tractor has not been repowered so it's the ford engine. Thanks Jerry

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Eddie's picture shows the manifold in the normal position to come through the bonnet.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

jerry
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by jerry »

Brian
Thanks for the photo. It looks like the manifold was replaced with the opposite hand and an offset was fabricated to align with the bonnet. (A picture is worth a 1000 words )
Thanks for the help
Jerry