back end loader

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
dexta09b
Not Quite Blue Yet

back end loader

Post by dexta09b »

hi all i am trying to operate a back end loader on 3pt linkage, when i pull out aux services knob i can operate the lift ram via the control lever but my lift arms drop to ground this happens in either draft or position control. i need to have my lift arms about half to three quarter way up, my question is do in need to lock the arms some way mechanically or am i missing something. any help much appreciated.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Think you may have a faulty piston seal. When you pull out the auxillary service valve, you isolate the lift ram cylinder from the control valve system and the arms should lock. There should be no connection between the two services.

You could also have a faulty valve spool on the auxillary service chest.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

dexta09b
Not Quite Blue Yet

back end loader

Post by dexta09b »

thanks for your quick reply brian would a faulty piston seal have any other symptoms. my lift arms work well no losing height etc. i only recently freed up the spool valve although i did not have the plate of. is replacing the piston seal a big job.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

If your lift arms hold up without problems normally, your fault is in the auxillary unit. Could you exchange it for another one to test? It could be damage on the spool allowing oil to leak past.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

dexta09b
Not Quite Blue Yet

back end loader

Post by dexta09b »

thanks again brian i will try that.