SIMMS Injector Pump Leaking

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
timkuyk
Not Quite Blue Yet

SIMMS Injector Pump Leaking

Post by timkuyk »

Can anyone tell me what would be causing the SIMMS injector pump (Pneumatic) to leak fuel out the bottom of the pump weep hole? Its more than a few drops and seems worse when it is idling. I have had the pump rebuilt, and have replaced the small pick-up pump.

Any help would be great...

Orange Wheels Are Cool..
58 Orange Wheel

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

It could be a couple of things. The diaphragm on your lift pump could be leaking or the plungers on the injector pump are worn or scored and fuel is leaking past them.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Have you got a curly pipe fitted or just a straight one?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

timkuyk
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by timkuyk »

Brian wrote:Have you got a curly pipe fitted or just a straight one?
Brian,

I have replaced the lift pump, have added the curly drain line, and had the injector pump checked again. It still leaks an excess amount of fuel especially when idling.

I am not sure what to try next, maybe add a catch can to recycle the fuel.

Love orange wheels.
58 Orange Wheel

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There are only two places that diesel can leak from into the pump. Lift pump and pumping elements, so its got to be one or the other. Your pump repairer should be able to check this out for you on the test rig.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian