4d fitted in dexta

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
dexta4
True Blue

4d fitted in dexta

Post by dexta4 »

Yesterday i was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time!!! :D was talking to a friend of mine and he's been lent a folder full of photo's that were taken by a member of the fordson demo team, alot of them were taken abroad and where on test is a dexta fitted with a 4d, it is a proper conversion with photos of a new cast bell housing and sump along side standard dexta housing and major sump showing mods that have been done. He's been told by the owner of the pics that a couple of these were produced and sold in italy any body else heard of them?? theres also pics of a dexta at a show that could be won if you could guess how long a power major could run on 2 gallons of fuel, the remote control dexta, the dexta challenge where you had to drive a dexta through a figure of 8 with a pole under it and if you hit any of the outline posts an alarm sounded and you were out! this was won by a woman! theres one colour photo of a show stand and dare i mention the power major has silver grills and the dexta has orange grills!! all mentioned pics are dated 1959.
sometimes you need 4!!!

john.n
True Blue

Re: 4d fitted in dexta

Post by john.n »

think i read something about one on the major forum, the conclusion was that it was made from parts but might not be.

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Dexta4
dexta4 wrote: a dexta fitted with a 4d
Fascinating. Any chance of being able to get a copy to load on here for us.
You know how we feel about pictures.
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

dexta4
True Blue

Post by dexta4 »

i am trying to get permission off the owner to post some pics it may take a while though. fingers crossed :D
sometimes you need 4!!!

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

dexta4
True Blue

Post by dexta4 »

i think it could be the one? its had a few additions over the years from the picture i've seen when it was new i'll have too try and get another look.
sometimes you need 4!!!