Wagner Loader On A Dexta??

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
ddoan
True Blue

Wagner Loader On A Dexta??

Post by ddoan »

Last week, I found this Wagner WF3 front end loader, on a Ford 641 tractor.

I made a deal for it and brought it home. Yesterday, I removed all of the hydraulic lines and hoses - along with the pump and control valve assembly. Today, I took it to be sandblasted.

Once I have it totally refurbished, I need to decide which tractor to put it on. As it happens, I have a Ford 8N that I could use, but have read that this loader (which was originally used on N-Series Fords, as well as the NAA and Hundred Series Ford tractors), might be too much for a 16 HP tractor. I hate the thought of this, but once my Dexta is completed, would it make a suitable machine for this loader? Have any of you installed the WF3 on a Dexta? If so, what did you have to do to mount the pump (pulleys, shaft, etc.).

I also have a '53 Ford Jubilee that has the same foot print as the Dexta, but my Jubilee will ultimately be a show tractor. It has a very early s/n, and I'd like to preserve it.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Don

blue32
True Blue

Re: Wagner Loader On A Dexta??

Post by blue32 »

Hi Don, it was a fantastic loader you,ve found for your Dexta...but mybee it would fit better on a Major? I myself usually think 4x4 wheeldrive tractor,s for frontloaders, and your litle blue-beauty will disappere behind all this heavy equipment,s ha ha. But it is a very collecktable front loader, so good luck with it.

Blue32

WayneB
True Blue

Post by WayneB »

Had a WMF 3 on my Dexta about 10 years ago. Worked OK if you put 50 PSI air in front tires and weighted the rears with water . Mine would lift about 1500 max. Put a loader on a larger 4x4 tractor and didn't need it. Had no problem selling it. Fellow came by tested it, we pulled it off and off he went. Happy I think.
It was not the right tool to move dirt. I made a set of forks for mine, and it was handy moving and stacking brush.

I'd consider a a lightweight Freeman but I thought the WMF 3 was too hard to steer, and the aftermarket PS kits won't work with a Wagner of this design. Recommend you go with the tractor with PS.

Wayne
Tractor poor, 59 Dexta, 61 & (3) 62 SuperDexta-s, 68 4000 Ford 4x4, 81 Ford 1100 4x4, 55-HD5G AC Crawler Loader, 1951 CAT D6 9U, 1967 160B Dynahoe backhoe and now a toy JD 850 4x4 loader compact.

ddoan
True Blue

Post by ddoan »

Thanks for the input, guys.

Here are a couple of shots of my Wagner loader after being sandblasted and painted:

I still have to refurbish the control valves and levers - as well as the pump. I've gotten advice from my friends on the http://www.ntractorclub.com forum as well. Some guys have used the WF3 with N series tractors, others with 100 series Fords. The consensus seems to be, the heavier the tractor, the better. I have a choice of my Jubilee, my 8N, or my Dexta. Everyone agrees that this loader needs to be counterbalanced and the tractor will need weighted wheels. All of my tractors have weighted wheels, and I have a couple of implements that I could use as counterweights. I don't plan on lifting heavy stuff - mostly mulch and dry manure - for compost. The problem is, once the loader is installed, it'll probably stay on whatever tractor it's on. It'll be a dedicated machine. So, I have to make sure that it's a tractor I won't need for other things. The fact that I have choices is driving me nuts!

Don

blue32
True Blue

Post by blue32 »

Woow, its fantastic good work Don, :o yes I see it is always some choise...The best thing to do is to try it on, In Norway we also did use frontloaders on oures small tractors back in 1950.s (MFgrey) and Dexta,s in the 60.s equipped with blue Fordson-loaders too. but we did make some heavy concret-barrels on the "trepoint", at back hydraulic.

----You tell me how I can put pictures on this tread?? :? so I also can show some interresting Dexta,s with diffrerent euiqment,s too

From blue32