Coolant Problem

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
fireman74
Not Quite Blue Yet

Coolant Problem

Post by fireman74 »

I have Fordson Super Dexta, 3 cylinder diesel. The problem that I am having is that I can fill it with water and run it. It will start blowing water out of the little drain hole at top of radiator(near cap). The water is going somewhere. It is not any water in the oil or oil in the water to indicate a crack head gasket. I have to add about gallon of water if it is operating under a load. The water that is coming out is kind of foam like. What can this indicate????

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Coolant Problem

Post by JC »

Welcome to the bulletin board, fireman74.
It sounds like your Dexta has a blown head gasket. Is there a black oily-looking film on top of the water in the radiator?

fireman74
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by fireman74 »

JC wrote:Welcome to the bulletin board, fireman74.
It sounds like your Dexta has a blown head gasket. Is there a black oily-looking film on top of the water in the radiator?
No there is no oily film in radiator. Water does not bubble when I look in radiator while it is running.

JC

Post by JC »

Fill it up with water until you can see it in the neck, then have someone crank it with the starter, with the stop cable pulled so it doesn't start. Look in the radiator and see if it pushes water out or blows bubbles.

What does the temperature gauge say when you work it hard?